Carpet can provide a luxurious element to your home. However, it can get dirty quickly, and needs to be cleaned and maintained to extend its life, and also to protect those in your home from potential allergens.
Do you know how to get a deep clean carpet? Let’s explore how often you should get your carpet cleaned, and the recommended methods of how to do it.
Cleaning your carpet isn’t something you should do only once in a while. Regular maintenance is key to keeping them clean. Not cleaning your rugs and carpets increases the chance for health problems like respiratory issues, allergy triggers, and skin infections.
Here’s a basic overview of daily maintenance.
- Make sure you vacuum your carpets every day, especially if you have a high-traffic household, such as a large number of people living together or even pets. This will prevent deep cleaning from becoming too overwhelming and keep your entire carpet cleaner.
- For smaller rugs, shake them out daily to remove debris, or when you notice dirt.
- Treat small spills or stains immediately to keep them from settling into your carpet. If they sit for too long, they may become harder to remove once you start your deep clean, or stain permanently.
Always blot the stain first to remove as much of the stain as you can. Then proceed to saturate it with a carpet cleaner and allow it to sit for the allotted time on the instructions. Continue with the instructions on how to finish cleaning.
Deep Clean Carpet
Most professionals will agree that you need to deep clean your carpet once every six months, up to a year. However, if you do have a high-volume household, you may need to deep clean every three to six months.
There are many ways you can deep clean your carpet. You can call a professional if you have several rooms with carpets. Professional cleaners use cleaning methods and products that ensure your carpets are as clean as possible.
If you want to DIY deep clean your carpets, there are few things to keep in mind.
- Make sure you understand the type of carpet you have. Each carpet type needs to be cleaned differently, so be sure to research how to clean it to avoid ruining or damaging the fibers.
- Vacuum the carpet first to remove dirt and dust so the cleaner can penetrate well.
- Spot clean any stains and give special attention to ones that are older.
- Consider investing in a carpet cleaning machine, especially if you have several rooms with carpet. The carpet machine uses hot water and your choice of carpet cleaner to break up dirt and stains deep in your carpet.
- To get rid of carpet odors, sprinkle a little bit of baking soda on the carpet allow to sit for a period of time and then vacuum.
Ready to Deep Clean Your Carpet?
When you think about having a deep clean carpet, it means having a cleaner home altogether. With daily cleaning and vacuuming, your carpets can stay lovely for a long time.
Are you looking for a professional carpet cleaner? Contact us today to learn about our services!